(with pineapple, cucumber and charbroiled chicken)
1/3 cup (80ml) pineapple juice 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon soy sauce 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets, chopped 1 small pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced crossways 200g pkt 4 Leaf Salad 250g cherry tomatoes, halved 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 1 Cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1. Combine the pineapple juice, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours. Thread the chicken pieces onto 4 metal skewers. Reserve the marinade.
2. Heat a barbecue grill or char grill on medium-high. Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
3. Meanwhile, cook pineapple on grill for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
4. While the pineapple is cooking, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
5. Arrange salad leaves, tomato, carrot, onion, cucumber, pineapple and chicken skewers on a large serving plate. Pour over marinade in the pan. Season.
Published by Dr. Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS
I live in the Science Universe, Cycling World and Freedom Home.
I am a Medical Doctor and General Surgeon.
I specialize in difficult medical and clinical diagnostics. I subspecialize in Ischemic Cardiopathy.
I am a Certified Medical Doctor by the World Medical Asociation.
I have been practicing medical science for 32 years
In my private life I am a competitive amateur cyclist, animal lover, acoustic guitar player and song writer.
My legs keep the wheels turning, my spirit keeps me going….AND MY BRAIN KEEPS ME BALANCED!
View all posts by Dr. Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD WMA FACS