First of all: Happy Halloween to all of you who enjoy celebrating holidays as much as I do. I celebrate everything, if I can and my time allows it, I do celebrate holidays of all cultures and countries since we have a cultural diversity at home: White-Anglo-Saxon, American, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, and German. Soon to be added to this beautiful family of mine, Asian!
So, we get to celebrate Halloween and “El Día de Los Muertos” (The Day of the Dead) these coming days. The first one is mainly of Celtic origin in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and Northern France. The second one is, guess from where? Yes, you guessed right: Mexican.
This year we decided to get together, have dinner, talk, enjoy each other’s company, and watch scary movies. This year movies will have a topic: The Scariest Medical Doctors of all Time!
- Dr. Giggles (Dr. Giggles, 1992)
- Dr. Henry Jekyll (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde)
- Dr. Frankenstein (Frankenstein, first appearance 1931)
- Dr. Jack Griffin (The Invisible Man, 133)
- Dr. Caligari (The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, 1920 and 2005)
- Dr. Abraham Van Helsing (Dracula, first appearance 1931)
- Dr. Loomis (Halloween, first appearance 1978)
- Dr. Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs, 1991)