My first medical title is 33 years old. Got it back on 1988.
- I hate that a blogger follows/subscribes to your blog, you follow him/her back, and then s/he unfollows you, hoping you don’t notice. I really don’t like this.
- I hate it that you give likes to a blogger, comment on his/her blog, and they never return the favor, not even at least once!
- I hate it that people unfollow you if your political or religious views or the lack thereof are different from theirs. What? Why? Can we be a little bit mature and respect other people’s views? Thank you very much.
- I hate it that people want to copy your content to benefit their own website or social media without giving you credit. Geez!
- I hate it that sometimes I have written almost the whole blog post and uploaded images and pictures and I click the wrong button and the post disappears! Have to start over or use the autosaving that WordPress left for me.
- I hate trolls. Icky internet trolls that pick on people, write hateful comments and are completely unhelpful.
- I hate Alexa Traffic Widget It doesn’t matter if your Alexa traffic rank is 1,000 or even 100 when the quality of your blog sucks. I mean, you know that Alexa traffic rank is just a number and it doesn’t reflect the ‘real’ traffic stats.
- I hate insane publishing frequency, like more than 8 or 10 posts a day?!
- I hate it when I don’t have enough time to respond to all my subscribers comments on my blog.
- I hate it when I visit a blog and it has infinite ads and pop-ups. I had a blog like that 2 years ago and it was driving ME crazy, LOL
On a side note, I’m pretty sure that there are some things that you hate about my blog. Criticism is always appreciated (as long as it’s constructive and NOT judgmental in my persona or MY freedom of speech), so do share it as a comment below.
A big most sincere thank you goes to all of you who have shared their love and warmth with my contributions all these years. Thank you to each of every one of you who has read and followed my reviews, posts, and rambling observations.
This blog site has been possible only because of all the inspiration and motivation that you provide through your feedback and interactions. I constantly get encouraged by your appreciation and kind words. This keeps me going.
Thank you new visitors and regular blogging buddies! I am thrilled! I would like to give a HUGE thank you.
MY OWN TAKE:
Promoting your website is very important to make yourself known in the digital world. The more you market yourself, your website and your social media, the more Google crawling, the more visitors to your site you will get.
So, if you blog for fun, hobby, business, eCommerce or professional knowledge, or because you just love to blog and write your ideas and chat with people in the comment section, you need to let the world know you exist, and one very useful way is to use links and make that other blogs link you back.
That is why I decided to make Wednesday the day of the week for all of us to just put our links in the comment section and start the “shameless promotion” idea. I think it’s going to be fun. Just write the URL to your website or any social media of your preference.
I am planning to reserve this day for promotion, indefinitely, as long as it gets a good response from you and you like it. Just give it time. Be patient. It works!
Sunshine Blogger Award
I have kindly been nominated by Dr Sarah Mehta Mahajan from her blog HeartyPsych for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am sincerely grateful to Dr. Mehta for having me taken in consideration for this award. It means a lot to me, especially because it is about a sunshine, and a sunshine is about life and hope. Again, thank you!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other blogger receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
5. List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Questions from HearthyPsych are:
1. How old is your blog? A= 3 years
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? A=Inspiring with my writing, making people happy and sometimes even ranting, creating some interesting discussions in the comment section.
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog? A= It is very important for marketing and PR but most important than that is the quality of your blog.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do you think a successful blog looks like? A= I can only answer for the success I want for my blog: quality followers and subscribers, people showing me some love through their likes and comments, interacting with me. Some other bloggers probably desire to make money or become famous, which is perfectly fine with me.
5. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog? A= Yes
6. If so, what do you think is the best method for monetizing? A= The best method depends on what the blogger wants and his or her qualifications, career, etc.
My nominees are:
My questions to the nominees are:
- How old is your blog?
- Why do you like blogging?
- Do you like interacting with your followers in the comment section?
- Do you prefer blogging than social media?
- Do you like being nominated for blogging awards?
- Do you plan blogging for long time?
- What is the best accomplishment or satisfaction you have had through your blogging?
- Have you ever blogged about very controversial topics?
- As a blogger, do you think that there should be more bloggers than Facebook addicts?
- Do you like html and have you created a code of your own?
- What do you think about live blogging, video, podcast?
Thank you for reading my blog and take care of yourselves. Don’t forget to laugh today!