When health is a top concern — whether it is because you’re dieting or simply living a healthy lifestyle — a dessert can seem off-limits. But they don’t have to be! There are several ways to satisfy a sweet tooth without jeopardizing your health goals.
(with pineapple, cucumber and charbroiled chicken)
1/3 cup (80ml) pineapple juice 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon soy sauce 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets, chopped 1 small pineapple, peeled, thinly sliced crossways 200g pkt 4 Leaf Salad 250g cherry tomatoes, halved 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks 1 small red onion, thinly sliced 1 Cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
1. Combine the pineapple juice, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours. Thread the chicken pieces onto 4 metal skewers. Reserve the marinade.
2. Heat a barbecue grill or char grill on medium-high. Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
3. Meanwhile, cook pineapple on grill for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
4. While the pineapple is cooking, place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
5. Arrange salad leaves, tomato, carrot, onion, cucumber, pineapple and chicken skewers on a large serving plate. Pour over marinade in the pan. Season.
I have many passions in my life, being my family number one, medical science second, then not in any particular order: traveling, cats, cars, music, cycling, movies, farming, gardening, blogging, reading, learning languages and food, I love food, it’s one of my true passions, and if there’s a special kind of food I love.
Today is a wonderful day to take it easy. It is calming and peaceful, and boy I am hungry! I have been taking care of my calories and exercising, bicycling and jogging for quite a while without a break. Today I rest and it’s time to enjoy the Food Day.
So here it is what I am planning to eat with the family during the weekend:
Food Dungeness Crab pan roasted in Chermoula Butter
This exotic dish is not native of Mexico, it was brought from either Japan or South China.
Hibiscus flowers also known as Jamaica arrived in Mexico in the colonial times and are now deeply integrated into the Mexican cuisine.
In these light tacos, the tart and bright flowers are mixed with roasted potatoes (regular or the sweet kind), your choice of shredded chicken or beef (you can add pieces of shrimp instead if you like) and sauteed vegetables before being wrapped in a lettuce leaf “tortilla.”
Whether you’re an avid home baker or just an occasional one, a good set of cake pans—in a few shapes and sizes—will help you turn out better, moister, and more beautiful baked goods every time. Even if you’re a from-the-box type of baker, this adjustable cake pan is going to bring a lot of joy to you and your loved ones in the kitchen and at the table.
REMEMBER: Enjoy today, feel the moment. After all, the now is all the time we have. So there…be happy! 😉