- 6 Bell peppers
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion, medium
- 1 1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 Parsley
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 cup Monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, trim about 1/4-inch from tops of bell peppers and then remove stems, ribs and seeds.
- Fill a baking dish just large enough to fit peppers with about 1/2-inch of water.
- Place peppers upside down in water, cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over-medium high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Move onions to one far side of the skillet.
- Add beef in chunks, season with salt and pepper then let sear until browned on bottom, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Break up beef and toss with onions and continue to cook 2 minutes, add garlic and cook until beef is cooked through about 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat, drain off excess fat (I like to tilt skillet to one side and dab up excess fat using tongs and paper towels).
- Stir in tomatoes, half of the tomato sauce (about 1/2 cup), cooked rice, parsley, Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350. Turn par-baked peppers upright and fill with beef filling.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers. Cover with foil and continue to bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese, return to oven and bake until peppers have reached desired tenderness, about 10 – 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
ACCOMPANY YOUR DELICIOUS STUFFED BELL PEPERS WITH SCRUMPTIOUS MEXICAN FRENCH FRIES!