Happy healthy fast and low-cost cooking!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 2 peppers
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs 40 gm 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup parmesan 40 gm
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 5 tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
THIS IS HOW I MADE IT AND IT TASTED DELICIOUS!
The truth is that many of these foods have been around for centuries. Their health benefits are backed up by science. The only novelty is the term “superfoods,” which is mostly used for marketing purposes.
VEGETABLES, FRUITS, RED MEAT, SALMON, OILS,
These nutritionally high-powered foods are marketed as a possible cure for heart disease, high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, aging, and even cancer. Even though no official standards exist for the term “superfood,” it shows up in health magazines, blogs, and medical websites. Everyone is talking about the healing benefits of spirulina, acai berries, and chia seeds, and more.
However, this doesn’t mean that superfoods are just a fad. On the contrary – they boast a high nutritional value and exhibit health properties, such as decreased susceptibility to infections, cancer prevention, stronger hair, and nail, improves digestion, and stronger immunity. Other benefits of superfoods include increased energy, younger-looking skin, fat loss, and improved brain function. On top of that, there are no side effects to worry about.
CATCH: For the superfoods also known as healthy nutritious foods, to take full effect in your body you have to eat them everyday, not only once in a while or to be “in a eating healthy fashion”
ITALIAN FRUIT PARFAIT LIP BALM
TAKE: Be happy, eat everything you like: red meat (don’t panic, red meat is good for you), eat the right portions of anything “FOOD”, a well-balanced diet, exercise and you will live a happy healthy long life. Superfood is just a marketing term, it’s not a miracle.
Chayote, also known as choko, xuxu, chayote squash, custard marrow, and others. Chayote is a fruit, but it is eaten as a vegetable in soups, stews, and salads. It is outstandingly delicious, and healthy.
Chayote is an excellent source of folate, a nutrient required for proper fetal development. Therefore, the squash may have appeal for women who are pregnant or trying to become so.
CHAYOTE GROWING IN ABUNDANCE
SAUTEED CHAYOTE WITH GARLIC
MEXICAN NOODLE SOUP WITH CHAYOTE AND VEGGIES
CREAMY CHAYOTE WITH VEGGIES SOUP
MOST DELICIOUS ORIGINAL GREEK SALAD
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, mashed
Freshly ground black pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD
2 teaspoons salt
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks (cucumber is great for your health)
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup pitted and halved black or green olives (both are my favs)
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley (the one I prefer)
6 ounces feta cheese, sliced
6 lemon wedges
Combine all the ingredients in a jar, shake well, and let stand for 30 minutes. Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For Greek Salad:
In a bowl, combine salt with 2 cups water and add the red onion slices. Let the onions soak for 15 minutes then rinse and drain well.
In a large bowl toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers with the basil and enough of the dressing to coat vegetables well.
Adjust the seasonings. Plate in a high mound on a large plate and garnish with olives, parsley, feta, and lemon wedges and serve.
You can eat this healthy, exotic and tropical South African native fruit in salads, juices, stews, roasted, in bread, or simply, cut them in half and eat them fresh. Your choice. But I guarantee you that you will love this fruit any way you decide to eat it.
Red Tamarillo Salad With Basil
It is South American native but you can grow it in your back yard from seed or a small plant bought in a nursery in your area.
It is a small-growing shrub or semi-woody tree reaching heights between 10-18 feet (3-5.5 mts.).
Tamarillo trees bloom in early spring, producing fragrant pink flowers. These blooms will eventually give way to small, oval or egg-shaped fruit, reminiscent of plum tomatoes—hence the tomato tree’s name.
Tamarillo Sesame Pork With Ginger
Tamarillo Loaf Cake
Baked Tamarillo With Maple Syrup And Crème Fraiche
Healthy Exotic Food to satisfy the most demanding palate!
- 1 bunch Baby bok choy
- 1 Handful Cilantro, fresh
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Sweet potato (about 1 lb.), small
- 1 13 oz can Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups Vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Sriracha
- 3 1/2 oz Rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Neutral cooking oil
- Prepare the vegetables for the soup and garnishes first, so they’re ready to go when needed. Mince the garlic and grate the ginger using a small-holed cheese grater. Peel and dice the sweet potato into one-inch cubes. Wash the bok choy well, then chop into one-inch strips, separating the fibrous stalks from the delicate green ends. Thinly slice the red onion and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Add the cooking oil to a large soup pot along with the minced garlic, grated ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and curry paste over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the diced sweet potato and chopped bok choy stalks to the pot (save the leafy green ends for later) along with the chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- While the soup is simmering, bring a small pot of water to a boil for the vermicelli. Once boiling, add the vermicelli and boil for 2-3 minutes, or just until tender. Drain the rice noodles in a colander and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add the coconut milk, fish sauce, and brown sugar to the soup. Stir, taste, and adjust the fish sauce or brown sugar if needed. Finally, add the bok choy greens and let them wilt in the hot soup.
- To serve, divide the rice vermicelli among four bowls. Ladle the soup and vegetables over the noodles, then top with red onion, cilantro, a wedge or two of lime, and a drizzle of sriracha.
When health is a top concern — whether it is because you’re dieting or simply living a healthy lifestyle — a dessert can seem off-limits. But they don’t have to be! There are several ways to satisfy a sweet tooth without jeopardizing your health goals.
Cantaloupe and Greek Yogurt Tart with Mint
Greek Yogurt Raspberry Chocolate Mousse For Two
Funfetti Mug Cake