Healthy Wednesday: Delicious Salad With Avocado
You may be wondering what is in this salad that makes it such a party! We start with a blend of chopped spinach and cilantro, then top it with brown rice, pinto beans, and kidney beans. Next comes a generous pile of pico de gallo, fire roasted corn, and sliced avocado. Top it all off with homemade queso and you are good to go!
Everyday Is Caturday: Humor
Wedneasday Question: Food
Motivation Quote For You To Be Happy Today!
“If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.” —Lao Tzu
Learning Wednesday: Act Of Kindness And Love For Nature
The smallest act of kindness has the potential to turn a life around. Kudos to the kind man for caring.
Learning Wednesday: Interesting Facts About The Human Body You Need To Know Part
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea of the eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
- The human brain has a memory capacity equivalent to more than four terabytes on a hard drive.
- A newborn child can breathe and swallow at the same time for up to seven months.
- Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Nerve impulses sent from the brain move at a speed of 274 km/h.
- A single human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all the telephones of the world combined.
- The average human body contains enough sulfur to kill all the fleas on the average dog, enough carbon to make 900 pencils, enough potassium to fire a toy cannon, enough fat to make seven bars of soap, and enough water to fill a 50-liter barrel.
- The human heart pumps 182 million liters of blood during the average lifetime.
- 50,000 cells in your body died and were replaced by new ones while you were reading this sentence.
- The human embryo acquires fingerprints within three months of conception.
Learning Wednesday: Depression And Brain Inflammation
Depression Can Cause Permanent Brain Damage!
Depression not only makes a person feel sad and dejected – it can also damage the brain permanently, so the person has difficulties remembering and concentrating once the disease is over. Up to 20 percent of depression patients never make a full recovery.
The mere fixation on anti-depressants will not solve this problem as the inflammation is very probably not limited to the brain. Silent inflammation is becoming more and more visible as the driving force behind chronic diseases.
An anti-inflammatory lifestyle with antioxidant-rich nutrition, physical activity, and the avoidance of toxins must be the logical conclusion for starters.
Learning Wednesday: Gardening Growing Potatoes At Home Part 1
PART 1: CHOOSING THE RIGHT POTATOES FOR SUCCESSFUL HARVESTING.
Growing potatoes will take several parts. I am going to start now so you are ready to plant them later this year. I don’t want to make it boring and make one post about the entire procedure of growing them. It would require a lot of reading. So let’s make it fun.
Potatoes are very easy to grow at home. You just need to learn few things that will facilitate growth, quality, and quantity. If you follow these steps you will find yourself with beauties and delicious potatoes to satisfy yourself and your family and friends’ palate. First of all, you have to choose the right potato to plant. I know that in the US, some home gardeners order expensive potatoes from companies that “guarantee” you’ll grow tons of them.
Here in Mexico, I just go to my vegetable market plaza, where they sell only products that are completely natural, that have no wax, no additives, no root killers have been added, and the price is very affordable, not expensive at all, and high quality. I choose the potatoes that have eyes. These potatoes are known as seed potatoes.
The eyes are what sprout and form new tubers underground and eventually, after 4-5 months depending on the hardiness zone area you live in the world (LOOK BELOW THE POST TO KNOW YOUR ZONE -very important), you will dig out wonderful potatoes of your own. Okay, are you ready now to choose your potatoes?
PLANT HARDINESS ZONE WORLDWIDE
Cheerful and Wishful Wednesday: Kindness Pictures And Words of Reflection