A Little Ranting (and Honesty) About Instagram Growth
Sometimes I feel like the blogging community is a sisterhood of unstoppable ladies (and some gents) who can do anything and who support each other no matter what! Sometimes I feel like the blogging community is full of nothing but Regina George clones (or worse, Regina George clones in sheep’s clothing…aka Taylor Swifts) and it makes me crazy. I can never really decide which is more accurate and this is probably the biggest reason why I’ve had approximately 4 blogs over my adult life (2 of which were fairly popular) and just up and deleted them after I got tired of the bulls*t. I’m not at that point now but I did want to address a few things and since this is my blog, I figured this was a better place than Instagram to rant.
INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT WITH 897 THOUSAND FOLLOWERS
Well, there’S a solution for everything in this life, and hence to make your Instagram account grow again, get it fixed and unstuck:
1. Use hashtags the right way and frequently.
Hashtags link your photo to targeted communities, niches and keywords that people search for like #healthybreakfastideas in cooking niches. These communities, groups and people searching for content that’s relevant to them are less likely to see your posts without hashtags.
2. A CTA (call to action) tells your followers what to do next. For businesses, that “next step” should be signing up for a newsletter, going to your website or buying your product/service.
3. Have good context in the caption
4. Have a strategy for Instagram
5. When your content is stale, well, it is discouraging. Make it diverse!