- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea of the eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
- The human brain has a memory capacity equivalent to more than four terabytes on a hard drive.
- A newborn child can breathe and swallow at the same time for up to seven months.
- Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Nerve impulses sent from the brain move at a speed of 274 km/h.
- A single human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all the telephones of the world combined.
- The average human body contains enough sulfur to kill all the fleas on the average dog, enough carbon to make 900 pencils, enough potassium to fire a toy cannon, enough fat to make seven bars of soap, and enough water to fill a 50-liter barrel.
- The human heart pumps 182 million liters of blood during the average lifetime.
- 50,000 cells in your body died and were replaced by new ones while you were reading this sentence.
- The human embryo acquires fingerprints within three months of conception.
“Every manmade disaster begins when one man thinks for another. However benevolent they begin, the ultimate outcome is tyranny.” ― John Kramer
“This got me thinking – if there are things inside us too tiny to see, might there be things outside us too big to believe?” ― Rene Denfeld
MY ANSWER: Could be. If so, I wish there was a Stargate device somewhere out there.
Yes, a very smart child has reasons to choose science over religion. Choosing freedom from religion liberates the mind, and has the great potential of making the individual a very happy human being. Nothing is better than living a life free of fear of punishment and hell, free from the constant control of people who praise fairies, leaves a great space in our minds for knowledge and everyday evolution of our mental capacities and real-sincere compassion for humanity.
The human body never ceases to amaze me. The more I learn, the more I wonder, the more questions have to be asked and more research to do. I just adore the human body: its physiology, chemistry, pharmacodynamics, anatomy, biology.
Studying medicine is never-ending and has always been an honor and a scientific privilege from which I am deeply humbled.
Facts, Interesting and Funny!
1. Rhinoceros horns and human fingernails have the same chemical composition. Those who unethically ingest powdered rhino horn for its perceived health benefits would do just as well to eat their own fingernails.
2. One noodle of spaghetti is technically called a “spaghetto.”And a singular cannoli is a cannolo.
3. Ready to enter the fruit matrix? Watermelon, eggplant, and chili peppers are all berries. Fruits that are not berries include STRAWBERRIES, BLACKBERRIES, AND RASPBERRIES. Well, now I’m furious! 😂 Science Facts!
4. Oh, and if that wasn’t enough… peanuts aren’t nuts.
5. The planet’s lightning storms convert its methane gas into carbon, which hardens into one of the most valuable substances on Earth as it falls. I WANT MY DIAMONDS!
Climate change is undeniable. There are natural cycles of the Earth’s climate that can be affected by natural factors that are external to the climate system, such as changes in volcanic activity, solar output, and the Earth’s orbit around the Sun.
However, we humans, also are increasingly influencing the climate and the earth’s temperature by burning fossil fuels, cutting down rainforests. Big companies like China Coal, Rio Tinto, ExxonMobil, Shell, British Petroleum, Chevron, Saudi Arabian Oil, Russia Coal, Coal India, are identified as among the highest offenders since 1988.
Nature is the highest law in every country. You will never be able to live above the laws of nature. That means we should learn those laws and abide by them. Many of these laws involve general respect for the living things around us, including animals, insects, plants, ourselves humans, water, air,
There has always been a debate on whether or not these natural occurrences are just an example of mother nature and her cycles of extreme weather, or rather a result of the human race contributing to an altered climate with more extreme phenomena.
Researchers and scientists have always attributed some blame towards human existence having an impact, however, a constant barrage of new data consistently indicates it is very much up to “us” to take back “some” of the control from mother nature.
Steven Hawking explains HERE how our planet is at risk of resulting in a similar atmosphere of Venus, which is made up of a super-heated supercritical fluid under immense pressure near the surface, making the planet inhabitable due to runaway greenhouse warming.
A clear warning sign and a notable threat if we refuse to consider the carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas levels in our home planet’s atmosphere.
RELIGION AND SCIENCE ARE INCOMPATIBLE
They’re incompatible, because they both compete to find truths about the universe and life itself. There are some fundamental truths that believers have to accept in order to be religious. Scientists do not have to accept anything in order to be researchers, just observe, follow the scientific method and prove the fact. Religion is based on believes, not facts.